Sunday, May 18, 2008

This time next week...

I'll be wandering around Rome, which is the first stop, followed by Tuscany, then winding up with a few days on the beach in Cinque Terre.



Here is my hotel in Tuscany...



And here is Monterosso al Mare, the town where I am staying in Cinque Terre.

I'm studying up on the Italian phrases I'm absolutely going to have to know...

  • Do you take credit cards? Prendete la carta di credito?
  • May I see a wine list? Posso vedere la carta dei vini?
  • Excuse me, but where the hell am I? Mi scusi. Mi sono persa. Come si arriva a ____? (OK, that one is much more polite.)
  • I'm sorry, but I am allergic to shellfish. Scusi, sono allergico a molluschi.
  • Do those shoes come in a size 41? Cerco una taglia quaranta uno?

That should just about cover it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! (and pack an extra duffel bag to bring back all the shoes!!) Have a GREAT time!

arw said...

OH. MY. GOD! These places are gorgeous! I can't wait to read about your adventures each morning and live vicariously through your travels.

Be safe and come back to us with lots of photos of hot Italian men!