Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday - Arrivaderci Toscana.







Spent my last day in Tuscany sleeping late, then visiting the two small towns closest to my hotel (Radda and Castellina). It was raining again, so kept things fairly quiet. More gorgeous scenery, more quaint churches. I’ve done my towns largest to smallest, and they just get more and more quaint.

Finished up my last night in Tuscany with another great dinner at the hotel, and got into a conversation with Vincenzo, the estate manager, on the way out – he knew I was leaving the next morning and hadn’t done a wine tasting yet, so I got my own personal one. The guy has a doctorate degree in wine (no kidding, you can get that here!), and let me taste several of the wines that the family makes in Tuscany and outside of Venice.

Very dangerous, as I am now having several bottles shipped back to the States. I think the shipping costs more than the actual wine, but I’ve just quit worrying about stuff like that and will deal with the shock when my Visa bill comes in. So the next people to come to dinner at my house will get some amazing Chianti, as well as the best prosecco I’ve ever had. As Vincenzo noted… “you LIKE-a the bubbles!”



No comments: