Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lotions and Potions


I'm here in Rome. Here is what I couldn't find Internet access to post yesterday...

Packing was definitely a challenge. I’ve never thought of myself as a particularly high-maintenance person…

Yet the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Still, ,I’ve managed to get everything (even a few changes of clothes) into one suitcase, one carry-on, and a big honking “handbag.”
Because Delta just has to make life difficult for people trying to actually use their frequent flyer miles, I have the mother of all layovers in New York today. But since spending 11 hours wandering the halls of JFK airport just isn’t my style, I opted for a side trip into Manhattan for the day.

To get this vacation off to a luxurious start, treated my toes to a little pampering, since I’m sure I’ll be hoofing it a lot. Or at least that is the excuse. I just happen to LOVE pedicures.
Still haven’t figured out the justification yet for telling my hairstylist to just do something DIFFERENT yesterday, because I’m BORED with my hair. It’s not like I haven’t had the same haircut and color for a decade or anything… Oh… um… I guess I have.

Anyway, that little bit of impetuousness has resulted in my going to Italy with red hair. Since I don’t possess the ability to aim the camera without looking in the general direction of my head and come out with anything that doesn’t look like I’m being tortured, Y’all will have to wait for that picture.

But back to today, and my wanderings around the big apple. Unfortunately, lunch plans were thrown for a loop, when my friend Laura got stuck at her office. So I wandered around and tried to avoid shopping for a while, just enjoying the beautiful day, then headed back to the airport, where I’m about to board.

Next up, Rome…

No comments: