Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rome ... at last

I'm sitting here in an Internet cafe in Rome, but every time I try to upload pictures, explorer crashes. So hopefully I will be able to add pictures later today from somewhere else. But I'm in Rome, the weather outside is georgeous, and I'm about to start some serious sightseeing.

Yesterday was a really LONG day. I finally arrived yesterday afternoon. The train from the airport into downtown Rome was not air conditioned, and it was HOT. Had some mutual complaining and a nice chat with a couple from Chicago and a guy from Brazil.

My hotel is charming (and wouldn't a picture be great at this point) and very near the Piazza Navona. I had dinner there last night and wandered around. But after nearly 24 hours awake, two glasses of wine and a free limoncello from the very nice bartender, I wasn't really noticing much. I crashed early, and didn't move until breakfast arrived at my room at 8am.

More soon!

No comments: